As a member of Reference Services I work with the Reference Team to supply accurate, targetted, efficient, and timely literature searches to our clients. This includes searches received via our online request form, live chat, in person, over the phone, or as a result of one-on-one consultation or office visits with clients. I also maintain a number of LibGuides ranging from current awareness and news-like to educational, departmental, and subject-specific.
See the bottom of my profile page for a full list of LibGuides authored/co-authored by me. Libguides are created as a need presents itself and can be requested for departments, groups, or specific subjects.
I am also the clinical medical librarian for the Department of Radiology's Breast Imaging Service, I co-author systematic reviews as requests come in, and teach workshops and walk-in clinics regularly. See below for a list of workshops, their offerings, and to register for a session.
Antonio's Office Hours
Monday - 8am-4pm
Tuesday - 8am-4pm
Wednesday - 8am-4pm
Thursday - 8am-4pm
Friday - 8am-4pm
Please call/email to schedule an appointment for a research consultation, search strategy guidance, or collaborative projects.
- BioMedical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow - Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine. Certificate, Spring Course, 2013
- MS in Library & Information Science (MLIS), Pratt Institute, New York, NY
- BA in English, State University of New York (SUNY) at New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
- Medical Library Association Member: 2010-present
- NY/NJ Chapter Council Respresentative (Alternate): 2013-2016
- Rountable Committee Co-Chair: 2013-2016
- METRO Member: 2010-present
- Evidence Based Library & Information Practice - Evidence Summary Writer
- iMedical Apps - Staff Writer (Android)
- DeRosa, A. The Ten Best Oncology Apps. Oncology. 2014 Sep 10; 28(10):887.
- Spratt DE, Gordon Spratt EA, Wu S, DeRosa A, Lee NY, Lacouture ME, Barker CA. Efficacy of skin-directed therapy for cutaneous metastases from advanced cancer: a meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Oct 1;32(28):3144-55. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2014.55.4634.
- DeRosa A., Jewell S. Establishing a Mobile Resources Collection Development Policy. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries. 2014 Sep;11(3):144-154. doi: 10.1080/15424065.2014.939000
- DeRosa, A. LibGuides: Current Practices - Advanced Techniques for Offering Dynamic Content. Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO). New York, NY. 2014 July 31. (whitepaper).
- Applebaum AJ, Kolva EA, Kulikowski JR, Jacobs JD, DeRosa A, Lichtenthal WG, Olden ME, Rosenfeld B, Breitbart W. Conceptualizing prognostic awareness in advanced cancer: A systematic review. J Health Psychol. 2014 Sep;19(9):1103-19. doi: 10.1177/1359105313484782.
- Diamond EL, Corner GW, DeRosa A, Breitbart W, Applebaum AJ. Prognostic awareness and communication of prognostic information in malignant glioma: a systematic review. J Neurooncol. 2014 Sep;119(2):227-34. doi: 10.1007/s11060-014-1487-1.
- Hernandez M, DeRosa A, Sebastian-Deutsch, A, Gaguski, M. Contributed as presenters for “From Concept to Conclusion: Strategies for Successful Evidence Based Practice Project Implementation”. Presentation entitled “EBP Implementation: Search and Appraise the Literature”. Pre-Conference Session at the 39th Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress; 2014 April 30.
- DeRosa A. Continuing Education Instructor for "Anatomy of a LibGuide: An Inside Look". Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO). New York, NY. 2014 April 16.
- DeRosa, A. Mental Model Construction in MedlinePlus Information Searching Involves Changes and Developments in Cognition, Emotion, and Behaviour. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice. 2013 Dec;8(4):129-131.
- Applebaum A, Diamond E, Corner G, DeRosa A, Brietbart W. Prognostic Awareness and Communication of Prognostic Information in Malignant Glioma: A Systematic Review. Poster session presented at 15th World Congress of Psycho-Oncology; 2013 November 4-8; Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M. Continuing Education Instructors for "Beyond PowerPoint: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Instruction and Learning." Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO). New York, NY. 2013 October 23.
- DeRosa, A. (2013). Survey of the Information-Seeking Behaviour of Hospital Professionals at a Public Cancer Hospital in Greece Proves the Value of Hospital Libraries. Evidence Based Library And Information Practice, 8(2), 251-253.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M. Continuing Education Instructors for "Beyond PowerPoint: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Instruction and Learning." Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association. Boston, MA. 2013 May 18 - 23.
- DeRosa A. iPad Basics. Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan and the Bronx Health Sciences Librarians (BQSI/MB). 2013 March 5 and 8.
- Draemel A, Beardsley C, DeRosa A, Brisco A. Always Singing the Same Tune? Strike a new chord with a LibGuide for ILL!. Poster session presented at ILLiad International Conference; 2013 March 19 - 21; Virginia Beach, VA.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M, Jewell S, Sulimanoff I, Gibson DS. LibGuides: Developing Custom Research Solutions for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2012 May 18 - 23; Seattle, WA.
- LibGuide Development
- Systematic Reviews
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Adult-centered Instruction
- mHealth and Mobile Technologies
For Help, Contact: