- Masters in Library Science (MLS), McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- BA in History, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Boston University, Project Management Certificate, Skillman, New Jersey
- Human Subjects Protection Certificate (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative), New York, New York
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL), 2004 -
Member of the Web Editorial Board, 2012-2014
Member of the Scholarly Communications Committee, 2014 -
- JoVE Library Advisory Board Member, May 2015 -
- MAR Leadership Institute
Member of Project Team, 2011 -
- Medical Library Association, 1990-2002, 2008-
Member of the Scholarly Communications Committee, 2012-
Representative from MLA Scholarly Communications Committee to AAHSL Scholarly Communications Committee, 2013-
Cancer Librarian Section, Chair-Elect 2014 -
- Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO), 2004-
Hospital Library Services Program Advisory Council Member, 2011-
- New England Journal of Medicine Library Advisory Board Member, 2014-
- NYC Usability Professionals' Association, 2007-
- Oxford University Press Library Advisory Board Member, March 2015 -
- Special Libraries Association, 1984-
Public Relations Advisory Committee (PRAC) Member, 2012-
Biological Life Sciences Division: Vendors’ Relations Committee, 2011-
(Chair, 2013- )
- Springer’s International Health Advisory Committee Member, 2012-
- Toastmasters International, 2010 -
- Toastmasters(at)MSKCC (closed club), VP Membership, 2010 - 2013
- Founding member of Toastmasters@MSKCC, 2010-
- Gibson DS, Hernandez M, & Draemel A. Destination Library: Validating the Importance of Physical Space. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 2015 July;15(3):251-261.
- Baker M, Hosszu KK, Khan RT, Lamprey-Stuchio S, Gibson D. Session Moderator for “Biomedical & Life Sciences Division Vendors Relations Networking Lunch". Annual Meeting of the SLA, Boston, MA. 2015 June 14-16.
- Gibson DS, Schaller-Demers DS. NIH Public Access Policy: Compliance Starts With You. Poster session presented at the MSK Research Administrators' Professional Day; 2015 May 29, New York, NY.
- Gibson DS, Mears K, Rambo N, Rosenzweig M. Presenters for “Growing ORCID: Enhancing the Scholarly Communication Landscape.” Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association. Austin, TX. 2015 May 15-20.
- Brunner T, DiFortuna K, LeTang M, Monson B, Murphy J, Stemplewicz K, Kovacs M, West L, Ginex P, DeRosa AP, Gibson DS, Jewell S, Bhuvanesh S. Giving Patients A Voice: The Use of Technology in the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) for Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. Poster session presented at ASPAN's 34th National Conference; 2015 April 26-30, San Antonio, TX.
- Gibson DS. Hospital Library Service Program Keynote Speaker. “Are Scholars Getting Enough Attention? Understanding Altmetrics Scores” Metropolitan New York Library Council’s (METRO) Annual Conference. Baruch College, New York, NY. 2015 January 15.
- Neill US, Thompson CB, Gibson DS. Assessing Research Productivity: A new way of evaluating academics’ research output using easily obtained data. The Scientist 2015 Jan 1; 29(1): 41682.
- Doak D, Habib M, Hayden D, Jones K, Gibson D. Session Moderator for “Biomedical & Life Sciences Division Vendors Roundtable Lunch". Annual Meeting of the SLA, Vancouver, BC, Canada. 2014 June 8-10.
- Gibson DS, Draemel A, and Hernandez M. Library as Place: Why Our Users Still Come! Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2014 May 16 - 21, Chicago, IL.
- Feltes C, Gibson D. Contributed as a presenter for "A Symposium on Public Access to Scholarly Research." Presentation entitled "NIH PMC Submission: A Tale of Two Institutions". Tri-Institutional Collaboration Network (TCN): Carson Family Auditorium, Greenberg Building, The Rockefeller University. 2014 April 16.
- Jewell S, Gibson DS. Nine Steps to a Systematic Review Service. MLA News. 2014 Feb;54(2):11.
- Beth A. Lewis, Donna Gibson, Nancy A. Cunningham. "NCI Comprehensive Cancer Centers: The Library's Role." Presentation given at Springer's Health Library Advisory Summit, Lisbon, Portugal, 2013 September 19.
- Professional Development Workshop – A.I.M Higher. Session e-Content Practitioner Panelist, SLA NY and Springer, June 25, 2013, New York, NY. Blog post: SLA NY Aims High with Mary Ellen Bates and Springer Experts.
- Hernandez M, Gibson DS. Developing an Evidence-Based Practice Library Resource Toolkit and Training Program for Nurses. Poster session presented at the Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress; 2013 April 25 – 28; Washington, DC.
- Lyons T; Gibson DS. Public Access, Open Access: Outlining Key Differences. MLA News. 2013 Mar; 53(3):1,3.
- Pollock L; Feltes C; Gibson D; Miller H; Norton C. Data management: Librarians or science informationists? Nature. 2012 Oct 18; 490(7420):343. [Correspondence] Supplementary information
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M, Jewell S, Sulimanoff I, Gibson DS. LibGuides: Developing Custom Research Solutions for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2012 May 18 - 23; Seattle, WA.
- Feltes C, Gibson D, Miller H, Norton, CN, Pollock L. Envisioning the Future of Science Libraries at Academic Research Institutions: A Discussion. The Future of Research Libraries - April 1 - 3, 2012, Banbury Center, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
- Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Gibson DS. The Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Experience. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 2011;11(4):338-47.
- Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Gibson DS. The Clinical Medical Librarian (CML) Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Experience. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
(Recipient: 2010 Hospital Librarian Research Award)
- Sarkozy A, Jewell S, Gibson DS. Clinicians On-the-Go: Creating an Effective Mobile Strategy for Delivering Medical Library Services. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
- Gibson DS, Beardsley C, et al. Developing a Library Blog: Sustaining a Rich and Dynamic Communication Channel for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
- Gibsond DS. KMKS04:The Customer Focus, CRM for Knowledge Services (Online course). Guest Participant and Speaker; 2008 May 7.
- Gibsond DS. Using Scopus. Session panelist at Annual Conference of the Special Libraries Association; 2007 June; Denver, CO.
- Gibsond DS. Scopus Road Show. Presented at sessions; 2006 August 1 - 3; Washington, DC; New York, NY; and Boston, MA.
- Gordon-Conyers D, Gibson D, Sparks J. Through the Looking Glass: Content Integration and Access – Staff Workflows and Client Pathways. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG); 2006 June.
- Gibson, D. Case Study 4: A Canadian Pharmaceutical Firm. In Karen Kreizman, Establishing an Information Center: A Practical Guide. London: Bowker Saur; 1999. p. 187-192.
Improving the user experience, website and survey design, web 2.0 and social networking applications, the power of the semantic web, user assessment studies, bibliometrics, scholarly communication (open access, ORCID initiative, institutional repositories), knowledge management (sharing institutional knowledge, story-telling techniques, lessons learned, knowledge cafés), project management, developing agile teams, leadership models