As the Library Director, my team and I support the Center’s mission by providing the latest published information and customized services, workshops, and information sessions, ensuring excellent customer service for our Library user community. We provide content and negotiate institutional subscriptions for a cost-effective and focused collection that compliments the research and medical activities of our constituents. Most of the published literature and information we provide is delivered via our Library Website. Developing a cutting-edge Library is an ongoing activity as well as establishing strong Library partnerships with both MSK departments and external Libraries. Developing communication and marketing activites to inform our users about all Library initiatives is essential for growth and success.
About the MSKCC Library
Springer, For Hospitals & Health, Interview with a Key Customer: Donna Gibson, Director of Library Services, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (10/01/12)
SLA Podcast: A Partnership for Success at MSKCC (07/10/12)
Member Spotlight from Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) (05/25/12)
- Masters in Library Science (MLS), McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- BA in History, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Boston University, Project Management Certificate, Skillman, New Jersey
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL)
- MAR Leadership Institute, Member of Project Team (2011 - )
- Medical Library Association
- METRO's Hospital Library Services Program Advisory Council Member (2011 - )
- NYC Usability Professionals' Association
- Special Libraries Association (2010-12 SLA Knowledge Management Program Committee Member)
- Toastmasters International, (2010 - )
- Toastmasters(at)MSKCC (closed club), VP Membership, 2010 - 2013
- Lyons T; Gibson DS. Public Access, Open Access: Outlining Key Differences. MLA News. 2013 Mar; 53(3):1,3.
- Pollock L; Feltes C; Gibson D; Miller H; Norton C. Data management: Librarians or science informationists? Nature. 2012 Oct 18; 490(7420):343. [Correspondence] Supplementary information
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M, Jewell S, Sulimanoff I, Gibson DS. LibGuides: Developing Custom Research Solutions for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2012 May 18 - 23; Seattle, WA.
Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Gibson DS. The Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Experience. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 2011;11(4):338-47.
Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Gibson DS. The Clinical Medical Librarian (CML) Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Experience. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
(Recipient: 2010 Hospital Librarian Research Award)
Sarkozy A, Jewell S, Gibson DS. Clinicians On-the-Go: Creating an Effective Mobile Strategy for Delivering Medical Library Services. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
- Gibson DS, Beardsley C, et al. Developing a Library Blog: Sustaining a Rich and Dynamic Communication Channel for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
- Gibsond DS. KMKS04:The Customer Focus, CRM for Knowledge Services (Online course). Guest Participant and Speaker; 2008 May 7.
Gibsond DS. Using Scopus. Session panelist at Annual Conference of the Special Libraries Association; 2007 June; Denver, CO.
Gibsond DS. Scopus Road Show. Presented at sessions; 2006 August 1 - 3; Washington, DC; New York, NY; and Boston, MA.
Gordon-Conyers D, Gibson D, Sparks J. Through the Looking Glass: Content Integration and Access – Staff Workflows and Client Pathways. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG); 2006 June.
Gibson, D. Case Study 4: A Canadian Pharmaceutical Firm. In Karen Kreizman, Establishing an Information Center: A Practical Guide. London: Bowker Saur; 1999. p. 187-192.
Improving the user experience, website and survey design, web 2.0 and social networking applications, the power of the semantic web, user assessment studies, bibliometrics, scholarly communication (open access, orcid initiative, institutional respositories), knowledge management (sharing institutional knowledge, story-telling techniques, lessons learned, knowledge cafés), project management, developing agile teams, leadership models
For Help, Contact:
Donna (Blackberry): 646-229-7383