As a Senior Reference Librarian, I work closely with the Reference Team to provide on target literature searches to our MSKCC nurses, clinicians, researchers, and patients. I also provide instructional services by teaching biblographic management tools and database searching. Furthermore, I am the Clinical Librarian Liaison to the Nursing Department, where I provide customized training on Library and evidence-based practice resources. Other professional activies include presentations to the nurse residency seminars, instructional lectures and indepth literature searches for the evidence-based nursing committees. I am also a contributing member to the internal MSKCC Nursing Newsletter, where I provide updates on Library-related topics.
My professional role as a librarian at MSKCC also includes systematic review searches, contributions to the Library blog, participation in campus wide events, where I assist in marketing Library resources and services.
- MLS in Library Science , State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- MA in American Studies, State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BA in Music, William Smith College, Geneva, NY
- Pusic AL, Cemal Y, Albornoz C, Klassen A, Cano S, Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Massey M, Cordeiro P, Morrow M, Mehrara B. (2012). Quality of life among breast cancer patients with lymphedema: a systematic review of patient-reported outcome instruments and outcomes. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 2012 Dec 5. [Epub ahead of print].
- “Demystifying the Systematic Review Process: Overview, History, Structure, and Characteristics of a Systematic Review” Monthly Behavioral Science Research Fellows Meeting, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, October 2012
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M, Jewell S, Sulimanoff I, Gibson DS. LibGuides: Developing Custom Research Solutions for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2012 May 18 - 23; Seattle·
- “Partnership for Advancing Your Nursing Expertise: How the Library Can Get You There” Nursing Grand Rounds, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, January 2012
- Sulimanoff, I., Hernandez, M., Gibson, DS. (2011). The Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Experience. Journal of Hospital Librarianship,11:338-47
- “45 Apps in 45 minutes” Information Systems Quarterly Meeting, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, September 2011
- Hernandez, M., (2010). The Role of the Clinical Librarian: A “Customized” Approach. MSKCC Ambulatory Nursing Newsletter, Spring 2010, 3 (5). Retrieved from http://mskweb5.mskcc.org/intranet/_assets/_tables/content/372944/AmbNewslettervol3issue5.pdf
- “Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Experience” Poster Session at the Medical Library Association 2010 Annual Meeting, May 2010
- “Searching the Best Available Evidence: Resources for Nursing” presented at the 4th Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in a Hospital Environment Conference at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, December 2009
- “Search the Best Available Evidence” presented at the 3rd Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in a Hospital Environment Conference at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, November 2008
- “Searching the Evidence” presented at the 2nd Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in a Hospital Environment Conference at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, November 2007
- Systematic Reviews
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Mobile Technologies
For Help, Contact: