As a Senior Reference Librarian, I work closely with the Reference Team to provide on target literature searches to our MSK nurses, clinicians, researchers, patients and their caregivers. I also provide instructional services by teaching biblographic management tools and database searching. Furthermore, I am the Clinical Librarian liaison to the Nursing Department, where I provide customized training on Library and evidence-based practice resources. Other professional activies include presentations to the nurse residency seminar, instructional lectures and indepth literature searches for the evidence-based nursing committees. I am also a contributing member to the internal MSK Nursing Newsletter, where I provide updates on Library-related topics.
My professional role as a librarian at MSK also includes systematic review searches, contributions to the Library blog, participation in campus wide events, where I assist in marketing Library resources and services.
- MLS in Library Science , State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- MA in American Studies, State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- BA in Music, William Smith College, Geneva, NY
- Hernandez M, DeRosa A, Sebastian-Deutsch, A, Gaguski, M. Contributed as presenters for “From Concept to Conclusion: Strategies for Successful Evidence Based Practice Project Implementation”. Presentation entitled “EBP Implementation: Search and Appraise the Literature”. Pre-Conference Session at the 39th Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress; 2014 April 30
- Mota A, Hernandez M. Contributed as one of the panel experts at “Making EBP Meaningful: Maximizing Resources and Engaging Residents”. Annual Meeting of the UHC/AANC Nurse Residency Program. Amelia Island, FL. 2014 March 4-6.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M. Continuing Education Instructors for "Beyond PowerPoint: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Instruction and Learning". Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO). New York, NY. 2013 October 23.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M. Continuing Education Instructors for "Beyond PowerPoint: Leveraging Technology to Enhance Instruction and Learning." Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association. Boston, MA. 2013 May 18 - 23.
- Gibson, D. Hernandez, M.“Developing an Evidence-Based Practice Library Resource Toolkit and Training Program for Nurses,” Poster Session at the Oncology Nursing Society Annual Congress, April 2013
- Hernandez, M.“Supporting Information Literacy, Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center,” Workplace Readiness: Gaps in Critical Thinking Skills of Early Career Professionals, CUNY’s Library Information Literacy Advisory Committee: CUNY John Jay College, April 27, 2012
- Hernandez, M.“Partnership for Advancing Your Nursing Expertise: How the Library Can Get You There,” Nursing Grand Rounds: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, January 2012
- Hernandez, M. “Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Experience,” Poster Session at the Medical Library Association 2010 Annual Meeting, May 2010
- Hernandez, M.“Searching the Best Available Evidence: Resources for Nursing,” 4th Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in a Hospital Environment Conference: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, December 2009
Pusic AL, Cemal Y, Albornoz C, Klassen A, Cano S, Sulimanoff I, Hernandez M, Massey M, Cordeiro P, Morrow M, Mehrara B. (2013). “Quality of life among breast cancer patients with lymphedema: a systematic review of patient-reported outcome instruments and outcomes.” Journal of Cancer Survivorship.2013 7(1):83-92.
- Sulimanoff, I., Hernandez, M., Gibson, DS. (2011). “The Clinical Medical Librarian Program: The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Experience.” Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 11:338-47.
- Hernandez, M., (2010). “The Role of the Clinical Librarian: A ‘Customized Approach.” MSKCC Ambulatory Nursing Newsletter, Spring 2010, 3 (5).
- Systematic Reviews
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Mobile Technologies
For Help, Contact: