Sarah Jewell was appointed Reference Librarian, User Services, at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in February 2008. She provides consultation and reference services to MSK staff and patients, teaches classes on EndNote, and selects materials for the library collection. She also serves as a Clinical Medical Librarian to the Critical Care Medicine Dept, and edits the Today's Science Sparks.
Sarah's Office Hours
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday
- BioMedical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow - Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA. Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine. Certificate, Spring Course, 2010
- Masters in Library and Information Science, Rutgers University
- BS in Biology, The College of New Jersey
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Pratt Institute, 2014
- Medical Library Association, NY/NJ Chapter Newsletter Editor, 2011- present
- METRO Mobile Computing SIG, Co-covener, 2010- present
- Jewell S, Gibson DS. Nine Steps to a Systematic Review Service. MLA News. 2014 Feb;54(2):11.
- Cemal Y, Jewell S, Albornoz CR, Pusic A, Mehrara BJ. Systematic review of quality of life and patient reported outcomes in patients with oncologic related lower extremity lymphedema. Lymphat Res Biol, 2013 Mar;11(1):14-9. doi: 10.1089/lrb.2012.0015.
- Ryan, S., Atkinson, T. M., Bennett, A. V., Jewell, S., Wagner, J.-S., & Basch, E. Concordance between Symptomatic Adverse Event Ratings by Clinicians and Patients: A Systematic Review. Qual Life Res 2013; 22:82, doi: 10.1007/s11136-013-0543-1.
- Jewell S. iPads for Medicine. Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan and the Bronx Health Sciences Library (BQSI/MB). 2013 March 5 and 8.
- DeRosa A, Hernandez M, Jewell S, Sulimanoff I, Gibson D. LibGuides: Developing Custom Research Solutions for Our User Community. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2012 May 18 – 23; Seattle, WA.
- Jewell S. Making the Most of Medical Apps. Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan and the Bronx Health Sciences Librarians (BQSI/MB). 2012 November 16.
- Goulart JM, Quigley EA, Dusza S, Jewell ST, Alexander G, Asgari MM, Eide MJ, Fletcher SW, Geller AC, Marghoob AA, Weinstock MA, Halpern AC; INFORMED (INternet curriculum FOR Melanoma Early Detection) Group. Skin Cancer Education for Primary Care Physicians: A Systematic Review of Published Evaluated Interventions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2011 Sep;26(9):1027-35. doi: 10.1007/s11606-011-1692-y.
- Jewell ST. Medical Mobile Apps. Denali Oncology Group (Alaska). 2011 Mar 26.
- Jewell S. Productivity via Mobile Phones: Using Smartphones in Smart Ways. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries, 2011 Jan;8(1):81-6.
- Jewell S. Panel participant for "Trends in Mobile Medicine." METRO, New York. 2011 October 26.
- Jewell S. Medical Mobile Apps. Denali Oncology Group (Alaska). Via teleconference. 2011 March 26.
- Jewell S. Presenter for Medical Information on the Internet. Westchester Cancer Support Team. Via teleconference. 2011 February.
- Sarkozy A, Jewell S, Gibson DS. Clinicians On-the-Go: Creating an Effective Mobile Strategy for Delivering Medical Library Services. Poster session presented at Annual Conference of the Medical Library Association; 2010 May 21 - 26; Washington, DC.
- Jewell S. Presenter for Virtual Librarianship Colloquium. Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. 2010 April 14.
- Jewell S. Presenter for Medical Info to Go. Handheld Librarian Conference; virtual conference. 2010 February 17 - 18.
- Mobile Computing in Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
Sarah's Subject Guides
For Help, Contact: