Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
As the liaison for the Evidence-based Cancer Imaging Program I manage MSK Library support of the Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014 (PAMA) Project. Part of the PAMA mandate requires establishing appropriate use criteria (AUC) for advanced diagnostic imaging services, and MSK has been charged with endorsing, modifying, or developing these AUCs for priority clinical areas that engage with our strengths as a cancer center. Within AUC content development I work with our Imaging Disease Management Teams to develop clinical condition search strategies, produce evidentiary reviews, and identify relevant published research as evidence.
My other role is within Reference Services, where I’m a part of our Systematic Review Service. I assist teams with all stages of the systematic review process, from crafting a research question to collecting data to publishing.
Kendra's Office Hours
Available 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Please call 646.823.6143 or email to schedule an appointment for a research consultation, search strategy guidance, or collaborative projects.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Lewis and Clark College, Portland, OR
- Liberty MLA Chapter
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Cancer Librarians Caucus
- Immediate Past Chair, Program Chair, and Community Council Representative, 2021-2022
- Member, Cancer Disparities Task Force, 2020-2021
- Chair, Program Chair, and Community Council Representative, 2020-2021
- Chair-Elect and Program Chair, 2019-2020
- Cancer Librarians Representative for the Clinical Support Domain Hub Startup Workgroup, 2019
- Clinical Librarians and Evidence-Based Healthcare Caucus
- Social Justice and Health Disparities Caucus
- User Experience Caucus
- Godwin K. Communicating the concept and value of open science. Poster session presented at: MLA ’18: Medical Library Association 118th Annual Meeting and Exhibition; 2018 May 18–23; Atlanta, GA.
- Godwin K. Introducing hospital librarians to clinical data management. Lightning talk presented at: MLA ’16: Medical Library Association 116th Annual Meeting and Exhibition; 2016 May 13–18; Toronto, Canada.
- Godwin K, compiler. Core cancer library 2021, 5th edition [bibliography on the Internet]. Chicago (IL): Medical Library Association, Cancer Librarians Caucus; 2021 Jan [cited 2021 Jan 21]. 46 p. Available from: https://www.mlanet.org/d/do/19881
- Lenchik L, Heacock L, Weaver AA, Boutin RD, Cook TS, Itri J, Filippi CG, Gullapalli RP, Lee J, Zagurovskaya M, Retson T, Godwin K, Nicholson J, Narayana PA. Automated segmentation of tissues using CT and MRI: a systematic review. Acad Radiol. 2019 Dec;26(12):1695-1706. doi:10.1016/j.acra.2019.07.006