Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The MSK Library has reopened with limited hours (Mondays & Thursdays, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, start date: October 15, 2020). To visit the Library, you must make a reservation for a seat in advance through our reservation system. No walk-ins or casual seating is permitted.
All Library visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Entry by reservation only: All visitors must reserve a seat to use the library. Reservations can be made on the calendar below.
- MSK universal masking policy: Universal masking is required at all times in all MSK facilities. A procedure mask will be available from security on entry or within the Library. Please wear the MSK-issued mask while in the Library. Masks must be worn so that the mouth and nose are completely covered at all times.
- Physical distancing: Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hands with soap and water frequently (for at least 20 seconds) or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer in areas without easy access to soap and water. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze and cough into an elbow or a tissue, even when wearing a mask. Staff are advised to clean hands immediately after sneezing or coughing and after cleaning and disinfecting their work areas.
- Alcohol wipes: Wipes have been placed in high traffic areas in the Library for our users who wish to wipe down their workstations before using. Please note that scheduled cleaning will also be done by MSK housekeeping.
- Employee HealthCheck Tool: All Library visitors are required to complete the MSK COVID-19 HealthCheck Tool for Employees before they begin work on the day that they will be visiting the Library.
- Eating/Drinking: No food/beverages are permitted in the Library at this time, with the exception of bottled water.
Please note, the following activities within the physical Library space are currently unavailable:
Library Staffing/Information Desk
- For the safety of MSK Library staff and visitors, the Library Information Desk will be closed during your visit.
- Bringing your own mobile device is essential for communicating with MSK Library staff.
- To encourage social distancing, there will be less Library staff on site and available than usual. We thank you for your patience in advance.
Make a Reservation
- You may register for a morning (8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 4 hours total) reservation or an afternoon reservation (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, 4 hours total).
- You may register for a morning reservation and an afternoon reservation on the same day, but you must leave the Library between 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM while the library is cleaned.
- Reservations are only available to MSK/SKI staff. Visitors must wear their employee ID.
- If you are not an MSK/SKI staff member and would like to visit the Library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-639-7439 (Mondays and Thursdays only)
- Only sit in your assigned seat number while in the Library. Your seat will be numbered and clearly labeled.
- You must bring a mobile device to communicate with Library staff members. No house phones or office phones will be available for Library visitors.
- The Library will be closed between 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM every day to allow for cleaning. All visitors must exit the Library during this time.
- From the Reservation page, use the Go To Date button to select the date you would like to visit the Library.
- If you would like to see the first upcoming seats available, click Next Available.
- Available seats are displayed in green. Unavailable seats are displayed in red.
- To see additional information about Seats, including a picture of the seat and what technology it has, select the blue Info button next to the seat name.
- When you’re ready, select an available (green) time slot and click Submit Times. Complete the form with your name and email (must be an @mskcc.org address), and select Submit My Booking.
- You should receive a confirmation via email after you submit your booking.
- 19 spaces are available for booking. Please not Seat 1 does not have a computer. Seats 2-19 have computers.
Email the Library at email@example.com to place a book hold for pickup.
You may pick up book holds Mondays and Thursdays, 8:30am - 5:00pm. You will receive an email to retrieve your book(s) when they are ready. Please refer to the hold pick up notice email for the deadline and exact location to pick up your items. After that date, your book hold(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- Please call 212-639-7439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify staff the day and time you will be picking up your book holds.
- Your book holds will be pre-checked out and ready for you to retrieve from the Client Pickup Zone at the front of the MSK Library, immediately to your right as you enter.
- Please follow the posted signage and be sure to practice social distancing when retrieving your book holds.
If You Don't Feel Well
If you are visiting the Library and you suddenly don’t feel well (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches or chills, or a new loss of smell or taste), leave the Library immediately.
Use the COVID-19 Employee Screening Tool to determine if you need to be tested, move through the screening process, and receive an appointment for testing, if needed. Do not go to the Employee Health and Wellness Office for testing. They do not have testing capability at the office.
There is no public restroom available in the Library. There are public restrooms available on the lobby level of the Rockefeller Research Labs Building.
- Reservation system: The reservation system implemented by the Library is designed to promote social distancing and exists to maintain the safety of Library staff and visitors. The Library will be cleaned regularly in adherence with MSK guidelines. The Library will be closed and cleaned between 12:30 PM-1:00 PM on Mondays and Thursdays to allow for the cleaning of workstations between morning and afternoon reservation blocks.
- Physical items: Books that are returned to the Library will undergo a quarantine process before they are reshelved.
- Supplies: When you visit the Library, you will have access to touch free hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and procedure masks.
The Library is committed to supporting MSK contact tracing efforts. When you reserve a seat to visit the Library, your contact information may be shared with MSK contact tracers in the event that a Library visitor or Library staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19.
COVID-19 Resources for MSK Employees
Library Hours (By Reservation Only)
Monday and Thursdays
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
(closed 12:30 – 1:00 PM)
Whether the Library’s physical space is open or closed,
we continue to support the MSK community
via our Virtual Services.
Need Help? Have questions?