- Master of Arts, Criminal Justice, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY (2017-present)
- Master of Information Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada (2007-2009)
- Bachelor of Arts, The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA (2001-2005)
Peer Reviewed Publications:
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications:
Conference and Meeting Presentations:
- Metro New York Library Council "The Future is Open, But How Do We Get There? Symposium, New York, NY, 2019 - "Author Processing Charges: Barriers to Open Research, Barriers to Progress."
- American Library Association, New Orleans, LA, 2018 - “Selling Your Story: Best Practices for Library Marketing Videos" with Heather Dalal and Karen Yacobucci
- Dartmouth College Library Conference, Hanover, NH, 2017 - “When Outreach Met Instruction: A Cross-Team MPH Focus Group Success Story.”
- Library Association of the City University of New York Annual Institute, New York, NY, 2017 - Co-facilitated dialogue “Engaging Wikipedia in a Post-Truth World: Theories & Strategies fo Information Professionals.”
- Library Collective Unconference, Knoxville, TN, 2017 - “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: At Your Library.”
- Metro Library Council Annual Conference, NY, NY, 2017 - “Will This Be On the Test? Rethinking Information Literacy Course Design for High School Students.”
- American Library Association, Orlando, FL, June 2016 - Presented ALA JobList Career Development Workshop, “Ace the Interview: Land a Librarian Job.”
- ACRL Library Marketing & Outreach Interest Group Greater NYC Fall Meeting, October 2015 - “Best Practices for Video Marketing for Academic Libraries.”
- East Coast WMS User Group Gathering, Charlottesville, VA, June 2015 - “Enter the Matrix: Understanding Circulation Configuration.”
- Northwest ILL Conference, Portland, OR September, 2013 - “The Kids Are Alright: Developing a Comprehensive Training Program for ILL Student Assistants.”
- American Library Association Conference, Chicago, IL, June 2013 - Presented at FEAST (Future and Emerging Access Services Trends), “Customer Journey Mapping for Libraries.”
- Medical Library Association, Chicago, IL, 2019 - "'I Want to Be Open, But How Can I?' Publication Habits and Perceptions of Open Access Publishing Amongst Clinical Fellows." Poster presentation.
- Medical Library Association, Chicago, IL, 2019 - "How Lit Is It? An Analysis of Research Approaches in Health Sciences Libraries." Poster presentation with Barnaby Nicolas, Rachel Pinotti, and Judy Stribling.
- Medical Library Association, Chicago, IL, 2019 - "COI, Oh My: The Current Conflict of Interest Landscape and the Potential Role of Information Professionals in Supporting Research Quality." Poster Presentation with Donna Gibson.
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries Conference, New Haven, CT, 2016 - Poster presentation with Rebecca Snyder – “Rethinking Med Student PubMed Instruction: Enhancing Learning through Engagement & Enjoyment.”
- UC Merced Assessment as Research Symposium, March 2014 - Poster presentation with Sara Davidson Squibb, Elizabeth McMunn-Tetangco, Susan Mikkelsen - “Using Scholarly Sources: Are Students as Prepared as They Think They Are?”
Medical Library Association member (2016-present)
- Cancer Librarians Section, Member (2018- present)
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section, Nominating Committee Chair (2019)
- Research Training Institute Fellow (2018)
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section, Chair (2017-2018)
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section, Chair Elect (2016-2017)
- Consumer and Patient Health Information Section, Consumer Connections newsletter editor (2016-2018)
- Consumer Health Information Specialization, Level II
Association of College and Research Libraries member (2012-present)
American Library Association member (2007-present)
User engagement & outreach, consumer health information, health literacy, open access, scholarly communications, research impact/evaluation, library service assessment & management, and prisoner reentry.