Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MSK Paid Membership & Other OA Discounts
The Library currently supports the following institutional memberships with open access publishers.
- AAAS - Article Processing Charges. Individual AAAS members are eligible for a 4% discount by submitting their membership number. A 15% affiliation discount may also be applied by selecting Memorial Sloan Kettering from the drop down menu at the time of submission.
- Biomed Central, MSK authors receive a 15% page charge discount for papers published in BMC journals. The Library is a Supporter Member.
- Nucleic Acids Research, MSK authors are eligible for discounted page charges of $1,385. The Open Access charges will be applied to articles of up to nine published pages in length. Each page above nine incurs an additional charge of $195 per page. Colour figures are not subject to an additional charge, although the use of color is subject to the Editor's discretion.
- PNAS - Please note that the MSK Library holds an institutional subscription to this title and authors are entitled to a discounted open access fee. "Authors of research articles may pay a surcharge to make their article freely available through the PNAS open access option. Corresponding authors from institutions with current-year site licenses will be assessed a discounted open access fee of $1,150 (compared to our regular fee of $1,500) ......"
- As of January 2014, PLOS no longer offers a 10% page charge discount for papers published in their journals. MSK authors can review their publications fees here.
- SpringerOpen, The MSK Library has partnered with Springer and MSK authors may receive a discount on article processing charges (APCs).
NIH Public Access Policy
The National Institute of Health (NIH) requires that all researchers funded by the NIH submit to the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed Central an electronic version of their final, peer-reviewed manuscripts upon acceptance for publication, to be made publicly available no later than 12 months after the official date of publication.
View the MSK Library's NIH Public Access Policy LibGuide providing information and guidance for policy compliance.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Open Access Publication (SKOAP) Fund
The SKOAP Fund will underwrite reasonable article processing fees for open access journals when funds are not otherwise available. The fund is administered by the MSK Library and Research and Technology Management. For an overview and eligibility criteria, please visit the SKOAP Fund LibGuide.