Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Addressing Issues and Building Capacity
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Health Equity
- Part of the larger CDC COVID-19 site, this page introduces health equity, especially considerations for racial and ethnic minorities and how COVID-19 has affected these groups disproportionately, and proposes strategies for how these challenges can be met.
- American Public Health Association (APHA): COVID-19 and Equity
- Highlights how COVID-19 has exacerbated the health inequities already entrenched in the United States, discusses the importance of addressing the root cause in current and future strategies, and provides background information on the impact for different groups.
- American Psychological Association (APA): Bias, Discrimination, and Equity Resources
- Wide collection of resources on communities, databases to search, journal articles, and webinars.
- Health Equity Initiative: COVID-19 and Health Equity Resources
- Guidance, trainings, and resources for centering health equity during the COVID-19 crisis.
- World Trade Organization (WTO): The Economic Impact of COVID-19 on Women in Vulnerable Sectors and Economies
- Report on how COVID-19 has affected women globally, especially within least-developed and developing economies.
- AMA Journal of Ethics: COVID-19 Ethics Resource Center
- American Medical Association (AMA) resources for encouraging ethical reflection and decision-making during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Health Equity Tracker
- Learn about health equity and use the data tracker to explore COVID-19 rates and relationships across the United States, either by county, state, territory, or country.
- COVID Black
- Organization leveraging health data and storytelling to help healthcare systems, institutions, and organizations address health disparities impacting the Black community.
Thinking About Communication